CMOS Design Engineer
Newlans is a rapidly growing semiconductor company located in the Greater Boston Area. Newlans 'WiSP' approach to RF CMOS device design and broadband analog signal processing has generated an overwhelmingly positive response within the defense and commercial industries. As the development of the core technology nears completion, the company is looking to rapidly hire new staff and develop application specific ICs for its bourgeoning group of early stage customers. All of this translates into an opportunity to work at the cutting edge of RF CMOS design, for an exciting company that is brimming with potential and poised for tremendous growth in the near term.
As a Senior IC Design Engineer at Newlans, you will work closely with its team of talented engineers. You will get the benefit of joining the company at an early stage and have the opportunity to take a leadership role as the company grows.
Your primary responsibility will be to design analog and mixed-signal circuits in CMOS that operate in the microwave to millimeter wave bands. You will participate in key technical decisions and design reviews. You will be responsible for circuit analysis, design, simulation, layout, verification, and testing.
- MSEE or PhD in electrical engineering
- Experience with design, simulation and layout of analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits
- Solid understanding of CMOS device physics and circuit analysis
- High level of analytical sophistication
- Proven track record of successful product development
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Solid problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Highly motivated and be able to work both independently and as a team member
- Proficiency with Cadence and Mentor Graphics tools
- 5 or more years of professional experience
- Experience with Verilog-AMS modeling
- Familiar with Cadence SKILL language
- Experience in MATLAB, C/C++ and Java languages
- Experience in scripting language like Perl and Tcl
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- US citizenship or permanent resident
Please send your resume with an email describing your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Senior IC Design Engineer” in the Subject field.